Paternity Acknowledgement Form: How Do I Get A Copy

Paternity AcknowledgementA paternity acknowledgement is filled out at the hospital when your child is born. This document is the official proof as to who the child’s parents are.

This document is especially important if you are not married and are trying to establish a parenting plan. In order to get a parenting plan, you will need to provide the court a certified copy of the paternity acknowledgement.

What if you do not have a copy of the paternity acknowledgement? You can request it from the Department of Health.

In order to request a copy, you will have to write a letter to: Center for Health Statistics, PO Box 9709, Olympia, WA 98507-9709. Your letter should include: your full name, copy of your driver’s license, full name and date of birth of child, city and state where child was born, and full name of father. You will also need to include a check or money order for $35.00, payable to the Department of Health.

It will most likely take up to four weeks to receive the requested materials.

For more information, check out:

Leave a Reply Text

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *